We focus on conservation and stewardship of our natural world. Our team is made up of Marine Biologists, Ocean Historians, Environmental Scientists & Policy Makers and Ocean Advocates.
Our goal is to ‘Experience Life in Water’ with each of you and our business and diving practices are aligned to safeguard the ocean for generations to come.
Seattle Dive Tours assists and coordinates clean-ups in the marine environment and on land. We have adopted our primary site with PADI AWARE’s Adopt the Blue program. We advocate for and support Habitat Restoration and Marine Protected Areas.
We train and support neutral buoyancy and diving best practices to minimize our impact on our local environments. Our staff practice diving protocols that help guests and students improve their techniques in the water, enabling great tours while respecting the marine environment.
The instructors of Seattle Dive Tours have created distinctive training to assist in raising awareness of and raising funds for our local non-profits doing fantastic work in our waters.
As a member of 1% for the Planet, we donate 1% of our top line revenue to local, national, and worldwide environmental non-profits. Seattle Dive Tours has earned the PADI Eco Center Certification as an environmentally focused dive operation. We are also 100% PADI AWARE. For every certification that we do, we donate to PADI AWARE.
Some of our everyday practices include:
- Every dive is a Dive Against Debris - you will likely see your guide pick up debris and place into a dry suit pocket for later appropriate disposal
- Reusable cups and carafes for beverages
- Recycling of our exhausted neoprene to become yoga mats
- Usage of Biodegradable cleansers
- LED lighting throughout our facilities
- We utilize sun shirts and hats to reduce need for sunblock and also provide reef-safe sunblock for our guests
- Support of vendors/brands that have reduced plastic in packaging
OUR CONSERVATION FOCUS
More than 250 million tons of plastic are estimated to make its way into our ocean by 2025. The environmental damage caused by plastic debris alone is estimated at US$13 billion a year.
Hope Spots are special places that are scientifically identified as critical to the health of the ocean.
We have strong partnerships across many local, national and global organizations. We support them and we hope that you will too.