How would you like to avoid long surface swims at the surface? Improve air consumption? Avoid becoming separated from your buddy? You can learn all this plus more with the PADI Underwater Navigator speciality.
During the class, you’ll learn skills to become more confident and relaxed in the water by using both natural and compass navigation. We focus on Pacific Northwest waters, where you will find out how waves, tides, and currents impact navigation, plus we’ll show you lots of tips and tricks to make your diving easier.
Our PADI Underwater Navigator speciality class is fun, interesting, and a great way to improve your diving.
What You Learn
- Easy navigation patterns to help plan your dive
- Natural navigation using slope and other environmental observations
- How to maintain a strait heading using compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to estimate distance underwater
- $234.00 course fee. Includes 3 dives and PADI certification card
- $76.60 Crew-Pak (Includes Underwater Navigator manual & DVD)
- Prices exclude local sales tax
- Student gear rental is $99.00 for the course, upgrade to a dry suit for $174.00 (2-day rental)
We offer the PADI Underwater Navigator course monthly, check our calendar for the next scheduled class date. In addition, we can teach this class any day of the week for divers visiting Seattle.
- Minimum Age 10 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- Please download, read, and fully complete the following form before class: PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document, PADI Medical Statement (PDF-116kb)