The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive through inlets and passages here in the Pacific Northwest. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
What You Learn
- Introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels.
- Overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current
- $184.00 course fee. Includes 2 dives and PADI certification card
- $41.40 PADI Drift Diver manual
- Additional boat fees may be required
- Prices exclude local sales tax
- Student gear rental is $74.00 for the course, upgrade to a dry suit for an additional $139.00
We offer the PADI Drift Diver course monthly, check our calendar for the next scheduled class date. In addition, we can teach this class any day of the week for divers visiting Seattle.
- Minimum Age 12 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- Please download, read, and fully complete the following form before class: PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document, PADI Medical Statement (PDF-116kb)