Search and Recovery Diver
Many different types of objects can be lost and need to be recovered underwater. Divers can lose weight belts, dive lights, and other gear items. Sometimes objects can be non-diving related, such as a small boat propeller. We build on skills you already learned in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or Open Water Diver with Underwater Navigator speciality) classes to show you systematic and methodical ways to locate submerged objects. Then we’ll show you how to safely lift them to the surface using a lift bag. In fact, most of our divers report that learning to use and practicing using lift bags was the most fun part of the course.
What You Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
- All Inclusive Price – $345.60
- includes course fee, 4 dives, PADI Crew-pak and certification card
- Prices exclude local sales tax
- Student gear rental is included in the course, add a dry suit for an extra $174.00
We offer the PADI Search and Recovery Diver monthly, check our calendar for the next scheduled class date. In addition, we can teach this class any day of the week for divers visiting Seattle.
- Minimum Age 15 years old (12-14 year olds earn Junior Search and Recovery Diver)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency) or PADI Open Water Diver certification plus the PADI Underwater Navigator certification
- Please download, read, and fully complete the following form before class: PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document, PADI Medical Statement (PDF-116kb)