PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
Complete your PADI Advanced Open Water diver certification course in beautiful Seattle, Washington! The PADI Advanced Open Water diver certification course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned in Open Water and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving. Our Advanced Open Water Diver course is held monthly in the Seattle area. Visit our Calendar for the class schedule. In addition, we can also teach this class any day of the week for divers visiting Seattle.
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer
And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
To Complete The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification Course:
- Read 5 adventure dive chapters in the Adventures in Diving manual. Your instructor will tell you which ones to read.
- Complete the corresponding Knowledge Reviews in the Adventures in Diving manual.
- Complete three elective adventure dives in addition to the Navigation and Deep dives (minimum two days of diving) and adequately perform all required skills.
PADI Adventure Dives
- PADI Adventure Dives may count toward your Advanced Open Water certification. Please Contact Us for more information.
- $334.00 course fee. Includes 5 dives and PADI certification card
- $90.55 Crew-Pak Includes the PADI Adventures in Diving manual, slate, surface marker buoy and a whistle
- Prices exclude local sales tax
- Special student gear rental price is $99.00 for the 2 day course, and includes air
- Add a 2-day dry suit rental for $174.00
- An underwater compass (included with gear rental)
- An underwater light set (primary, back-up, marker light) or may be rented
- A knife or sea snips
- Underwater dive slates are not required, but are very useful. Please contact us in advance for more information.
We offer the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course monthly, check our calendar for the next scheduled class date. In addition, we can teach this class any day of the week for divers visiting Seattle.
- Minimum Age 15 years old (12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- Please download, read, and fully complete the following form before class: PADI Continuing Education Administrative Document, PADI Medical Statement (PDF-116kb)