PADI Divemaster is the first step in your professional dive career. As a PADI Divemaster you can assist with scuba classes, guided dive tours, and host dive trips. PADI Divemasters can also teach ReActivate Scuba Review, discover local diving, skin diving, snorkeling, and Emergency First Responder (EFR) courses (with additional training). As a PADI Divemaster you will be a marketable commodity here in Seattle and worldwide.
The Divemaster Program
Our PADI Divemaster program is a fun and exciting internship where you will help lead guided dive tours, work with certified divers, and assist our PADI dive professionals with day to day operations. A typical day in the program starts out with morning guided dive tours. You’ll help with dive site set up, greet certified divers, and follow along on our guided dive tours. Once the tours are over for the day, you’ll help with dive site break down and assist with gear cleaning and storage back at our facility. During the afternoons, you’ll work on Knowledge Development, Waterskills Exercises, or Practical Applications, depending on the day. A typical divemaster program may take anywhere from 30-90 days depending on the your schedule and availability.
While in the divemaster program, you’ll enjoy unlimited diving to help you meet the required number of dives and gain as much experience as possible. Many of our divemaster candidates choose to complete additional training in Deep Diving, Search & Recovery, or other speciality areas. While in the program, you’ll get 50% off on course fees for any of our advanced, speciality, or safety classes to help with your training. If you are at the Advanced Open Water Diver or Rescue Diver level, you can enroll in the PADI Divemaster program now and still get unlimited diving and the 50% off on course fees while you are working to meet the program prerequisites.
Once you finish the program, you will need to obtain professional liability insurance before you take on any dive professional duties. During the program, we will discuss insurance and other fees needed to keep your professional status active throughout your career.
- $699.00 Course Fee
- $378.60 PADI Divemaster Crew-pak (Includes PADI Divemaster manual version 3.0, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Divemaster slates version 3.0, PADI Instructor manual, Divemaster application, eRDPML, PADI Pro logbook, DSD Cue Card, Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook, briefcase bag)
- $249.00 PADI Dive Master E-Learning Course
- $129.00 PADI Dive Theory E-Learning Course (recommended)
- Divemaster Application Fee $119.00 (paid directly to PADI at the completion of your Divemaster program)
- Prices exclude local sales tax
- Divemaster candidates are strongly encouraged to personally own a complete set of professional quality dive gear suitable for Northwest diving.
We offer the PADI Divemaster course at any time, call us at (206) 265-0006, or e-mail us to schedule a complimentary review of your training, and to answer questions about the Divemaster program. You can also view a 4-Week Divemaster Candidate Program Sample Schedule.
- Minimum Age 18 years old to start the program
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent certification from another agency)
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Minimum of 40 logged dives
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months PADI Medical Statement (PDF-116kb)
Ready to begin your PADI Divemaster course? Call us at (206) 265-0006, or e-mail to get started today!